How to Donate to The ReStore
Items can be dropped off at the ReStore during business hours or arrangements can be made for a pick-up. Donations are tax deductible.
For more information about the ReStore,
Pickup Hotline: 219-972-3000
Call: (219) 923-7265.
The ReStore is located at 6114 W. Ridge Road, Gary, Indiana.
We pickup donations from Lake and Porter County. Gary, Hammond, Lowell, Crown point, Munster, Merrillville, Valparaiso, Lake Station, Griffith, Schererville, Highland, Hobart, St. John, Whiting, Lakes of the Four Seasons, etc.
, Please call our Hotline if you have donations.
Our organization is a 501c3 and our Federal Identification Number is 56-1525939.
- Appliances (Stoves, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Microwaves)
- Furniture, Chairs, Tables, Couch, Dressers, etc
- Cabinets (Structurally sound enough to be remounted, no water stains or damage)
- Carpeting (No stains or odors)
- Doors (No holes, chips, or scratches)
- Electrical/Lighting (Must be in working condition, clean with no rust)
- Flooring (Complete pieces free from scratches and other damage)
- Hardware/Power Tools (Must be in working condition and include all parts)
- Toilets (Clean and in working condition)
- Wood Furniture (No scratches, legs must be stable)
- Upholstered Furniture (Clean with no stains, rips, tears, or odors)
- Windows (Must still be insulated, with no condensation between panes)
- Tile (New boxed tile only)
- Shingles (No more than five years old and packaged
- Shower Doors ( Clean and non corroded)
- Home Décor (Framed Artwork, Knickknacks, Artificial Plants)
- Building Materials, Lumber, Plumbing, Trim, Nails, Screws
- Vehicles (Cars for homes program – 877-277-4344)
We do not accept:
- Used/Partial cans of paint
- Televisions/VCRs/DVD players – Call Trade Winds
- Built in Cast Iron Tubs / Kitchen Counter Tops with Cut Outs
- Unframed Glass or Mirrors
- Exercise Equipment more than 5 years old
- Chemicals/Pesticides/Industrial Cleaners
- Clothes, baby items (Cribs , Car seats, etc.) – Call Salvation Army
- Tires and Automotive Parts
- Waterbeds, Mattresses, or Box Springs
- Any Computer Equipment, Printers, Fax Machines or Broken Electronics
- Double Sink Vanity Tops
- Fluorescent Lights with PCB Ballasts
- Any Material Containing Asbestos(Old Shingles, Tile, Mastic, or Insulation)
- Over sized Sliding Glass Doors, used garage doors
What's Happening Griffith ReStore
First Look Griffith
Many "One of a Kind" items - Grab them before someone else does!
What's Happening Merrillville ReStore
RED DOT Sale: 50% off Items marked with a RED DOT Sticker!!!
First Look Merrillville
Don't miss those "Special Items", they go quickly!
Gorgeous Bedroom Set!